Residency Relocation Loans

Started by promotemma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

promotemma

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have recent experience with Residency and Relocation Loans. Like white kind of FICO score is needed. I'm at about a 720 and not sure where that places me in terms of the different lenders. Please don't reply with anything but first or maybe second hand accounts. I'm not looking for general financial advise, just information regarding specific experiences with the aforementioned loans. Thanks in advance.
 
Does anyone have recent experience with Residency and Relocation Loans. Like white kind of FICO score is needed. I'm at about a 720 and not sure where that places me in terms of the different lenders. Please don't reply with anything but first or maybe second hand accounts. I'm not looking for general financial advise, just information regarding specific experiences with the aforementioned loans. Thanks in advance.

Why not get a credit card with a 0% intro rate and pay it off over the next year or two? Cheaper rate and easy to apply for.
 
Does anyone have recent experience with Residency and Relocation Loans. Like white kind of FICO score is needed. I'm at about a 720 and not sure where that places me in terms of the different lenders. Please don't reply with anything but first or maybe second hand accounts. I'm not looking for general financial advise, just information regarding specific experiences with the aforementioned loans. Thanks in advance.

I had one and it was super easy to get....literally a few signatures for $15K. That FICO score makes you easily eligible. Be careful though because the interest rates on those may be pretty high these days, so if you go that route, take ONLY what you absolutely need...the interest racks up quickly! Also, it is a private loan, so repayment kicks in as soon as you graduate. Budget for that payment as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have recent experience with Residency and Relocation Loans. Like white kind of FICO score is needed. I'm at about a 720 and not sure where that places me in terms of the different lenders. Please don't reply with anything but first or maybe second hand accounts. I'm not looking for general financial advise, just information regarding specific experiences with the aforementioned loans. Thanks in advance.

Chase Slate. You are welcome.
 
I had one and it was super easy to get....literally a few signatures for $15K. That FICO score makes you easily eligible. Be careful though because the interest rates on those may be pretty high these days, so if you go that route, take ONLY what you absolutely need...the interest racks up quickly! Also, it is a private loan, so repayment kicks in as soon as you graduate. Budget for that payment as well.

which lender did you use? I thought I noticed some lenders starting repayment a few years from graduation.