Residency salary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clovers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this forum. I've been reading about podiatry and it sounds very appealing. I think I would go for it if it doesn't have a 3 year residency. My question is do you get pay well or at all during residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Clovers said:
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this forum. I've been reading about podiatry and it sounds very appealing. I think I would go for it if it doesn't have a 3 year residency. My question is do you get pay well or at all during residency?

Yes, you do get paid for each year your in residency. Although I am still new to many things about Podiatry, I have seen programs pay somewhere between 30's to upper 40's. In the future you will be able to take either a two year PM&S-24 residency or a three year PM&S-36 residency. Although there are currently one year residencies, I believe that they will all be converted to 2 or 3 year programs by the time we would be looking for residency. Keep in mind that you will want the best residency you can get after graduation.