Quantcast

Residency Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi everyone,
I'm a reporter looking for some stats on couples that do their residency together. I wasn't sure if any of you could provide those to me or send me in the right direction -- I had a couple specific questions:

Is there a growing number of such couples? Do they have a hard time getting their placements in the same city? Do they have a hard time getting placements on the same shifts? Do experts think it helps or impedes their work?

Thanks!

Brass_Monkey

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
JRJ said:
Hi everyone,
I'm a reporter looking for some stats on couples that do their residency together. I wasn't sure if any of you could provide those to me or send me in the right direction -- I had a couple specific questions:

Is there a growing number of such couples? Do they have a hard time getting their placements in the same city? Do they have a hard time getting placements on the same shifts? Do experts think it helps or impedes their work?

Thanks!

The answer is no.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
The NRMP may be able to provide you at least with the data on numbers etc. but the rest of the information you seek is pretty subjective.