residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmb81

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
looking at the match lists for sgu, ross, and auc for the last few years, i have yet to see any rad onc residency placements. why is this so? this is the field that im interested in. i know it is a competitive field but i dont think it is as competitive as say plastics or ortho which people have matched into.

Members don't see this ad.

There have been a couple people from SGU who have matched in Radiation Oncology in the past, but unfortunately you are correct: Rad Onc is one of the more competitive fields out there. This is where coming from a Caribbean school will really hold you back. Not saying that it can't be done, but it does tend to be more difficult.

The moderator of the Radiation Oncology forum (stephew) is now an attending at Johns Hopkins I believe (where she did her Rad Onc residency, by the way)--she is also a graduate from St. George's University. I would contact her, as she will be a more accurate source of information.

Good Luck!!

Brian
MS-III, St. George's University School of Medicine