Residency?

Started by UD912
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UD912

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know residencies are not required for optometrists but I was just curious about the benefits of completing one/the differences between them? Any information about duties, job opportunities, quality of life, salary, or whatever would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
I know residencies are not required for optometrists but I was just curious about the benefits of completing one/the differences between them? Any information about duties, job opportunities, quality of life, salary, or whatever would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The search function is your friend, grasshopper. 😉

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=285959
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=234883
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=407075 - posts 14 and 15
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=237878
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=391488&highlight=residency
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=296641&highlight=residency
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=273947&highlight=residency

Also... check out the following website. http://www.optometryresident.org/

If you still have any questions after browsing the above linked threads.... please ask!
 
Thanks for the info, I think most of my questions were answered 😀