Residencyexplorer step and comlex cutoffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipressurexd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm fumbling around on residency explorer and looking at interview invite cutoffs. My step 2 is 230 and comlex 435, which were horrifying to find out. I'm really interested in the places I've auditioned at but notice many of them have cutoffs at 220 and 500 respectively.

Will I be filtered out despite an audition? For future reference, should I apply to residencies with higher cutoffs in the first place?

Also, honestly I'm so nervous about matching. My SLOEs are probably going to be average maybe one in the top 1/3.

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming this is EM?

The field is dramatically less competitive now than it was 2 or 3 years ago. I think there is a good chance that their expectations have dropped and they just haven’t updated residency explorer.

Yes sorry I should've mentioned. I've read that step cutoffs can supercede comlex cutoffs depending on the program. I'm honestly just disappointed and nervous about my scores and match.

Yes sorry I should've mentioned. I've read that step cutoffs can supercede comlex cutoffs depending on the program. I'm honestly just disappointed and nervous about my scores and match.
There were 555 unfilled EM spots after the main match this year. You will be fine.