USMLE/COMLEX Resident Handbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIT2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Doctors In Training Resident Handbook Features:
  • 220 page handbook that fits in your white coat pocket!
  • Must have pocketbook for any resident, intern, or medical student actively managing patients.
  • No other handbook is as helpful in guiding you through patient management decisions!
  • The only handbook you will find that tells you exactly how to manage specific diseases!
  • It's like having an attending physician in your pocket!
To learn more about our Resident Handbook, please visit:

http://doctorsintraining.com/resident-handbook/

To see a sample of our Resident Handbook, please visit:

http://www.doctorsintraining.com/RHsample/

To purchase our Resident Handbook, please visit:

http://shop.doctorsintraining.com/product.sc?productId=13&categoryId=1

Student Testimonials:

"I LOVE the resident handbook! I have already been able to help out the interns several times b/c of it. It made me look good and them look good which means great evaluations and learning experiences for me!"

"LOVE THE BOOK! Really helping me do well with intern year!"

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How regularly is this handbook revised? Do you have system for users to submit errors/suggestions for improving subsequent versions?

Seems pretty interesting and straightforward to tell people how to start treating a patient. In the example sheet of how to treat a patient with septic shock, I would advise that the entry should add more that if the patient has CHF and/or pulmonary edema, that 250 cc shouldn't be placed as an initial bolus unless there aren't other contradictions. Doctors at my hospital liked to leave a 500 cc 0.9% saline for 8 hours in these kinds of patients.

Probably just a small variation on different treatment styles.

I personally would have liked if the plan was ordered in the fashion medical orders are actually played out (though since I'm not familiar how medical orders are carried out in the US, it's possible this is the order used up north). My hospital always started with diet, continued with IV fluids, drugs and finally other treatment and requested lab tests on the document. A resident in my country could get grounded for a week if a nasty attending caught their indications note in a different order.

The handbook seems to be most useful to new interns that are starting to work as real employees but don't yet have the responsibility yet to do everything solo especially if it's a grave patient. Interesting book.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would you say this would compare to Sabatine's Pocket Book? I would imagine this is more akin to a survival guide of sorts versus pure treatment algorithms.

How would you say this would compare to Sabatine's Pocket Book? I would imagine this is more akin to a survival guide of sorts versus pure treatment algorithms.

This is a good question, I'm wondering about it too. Also, when will there be an e-format for PDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.