Resident stereotypes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RailroadMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What are the personalities like at each of the EM residencies?

Anyone care to share their expertise and tell me where the athletes, nerds, artsy types, and 24 hour party people are?

I realize all probably don't fit in to one mold, but humor me if you can...

diamondbum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Utah is the "outdoorsy" type. Everyone there skis, mtn. bikes, rock climbs, etc.

I don't know that I got a specific vibe at any of the other places I interviewed. Most seemed like they had a good mix of married/single, athletes/nerds, partiers, etc.

SoCuteMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Utah is the "outdoorsy" type. Everyone there skis, mtn. bikes, rock climbs, etc.

I don't know that I got a specific vibe at any of the other places I interviewed. Most seemed like they had a good mix of married/single, athletes/nerds, partiers, etc.

Someone told me that UNM is much the same way.

D

deleted109597

Artsy types?
I don't think Asheville, NC has a residency yet.
I bet the party kids go to Vegas and LA.
Outdoor places are most, as the "adrenaline junkie" stereotype really is predominant. I haven't been to a single place where at least some of the residents weren't Grizzly Adams.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Throw in Az for running, road and mountain biking, rock climbing etc.