Resident Unions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

princebargain

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where can I find out whether residents are unionized? In my opinion, it is an advantage to consider as these programs typically have better benefits.

I believe these programs are unionized:
Cambridge
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Mt Sinai
 
It's funny you mention that. I wasn't sure if there was a useful resident's union per se in existence. However, I had heard this week that there was a movement to create a resident's union here in NYC...like a real union, and were looking for support from all of the NYC residents.

I'm not a big union fan, but the residents have needed one desperately for a long, long time.
😳
 
princebargain said:
Where can I find out whether residents are unionized? In my opinion, it is an advantage to consider as these programs typically have better benefits.

I believe these programs are unionized:
Cambridge
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Mt Sinai

University of Michigan has been unionized for a number of years, and it seems to have worked out quite well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
princebargain said:
Where can I find out whether residents are unionized? In my opinion, it is an advantage to consider as these programs typically have better benefits.

I believe these programs are unionized:
Cambridge
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Mt Sinai

Boston University