Resolution 42 question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sylvanthus

Attending
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent a good hour looking for the answer to this question, so my apologies in advance if it is obvious.

Can the core rotations required for resolution 42 be completed AFTER intern year and just at some point in residency? All it says on their horrible website is "PGY-1 requirements", but nowhere does it say you can satisfy these requirements at another time during residency. I am EM/IM but there are, I think, 2 core rotation requirements (1 more EM month and I think a SICU month) that I will meet later on in residency but not during my PGY-1 year.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to be limited on practice location.

Members don't see this ad.

In the past, the AOA have allowed residents to fulfill their Resolution 42 requirements by taking some rotations as a 2nd or 3rd year resident. They'll just put your Resolution 42 application on hold, or conditional approval pending completion of requirements. However, not sure if that is still their current policy or not. Best bet is to call them and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent a good hour looking for the answer to this question, so my apologies in advance if it is obvious.

Can the core rotations required for resolution 42 be completed AFTER intern year and just at some point in residency? All it says on their horrible website is "PGY-1 requirements", but nowhere does it say you can satisfy these requirements at another time during residency. I am EM/IM but there are, I think, 2 core rotation requirements (1 more EM month and I think a SICU month) that I will meet later on in residency but not during my PGY-1 year.

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to be limited on practice location.

I like Group's idea of calling and asking.

As Group mentioned, the AOA at that time I was applying told me that the requirements they had listed needed to be done during residency. Originally, they had suggested my elective months. I explained that I needed my elective months for rotations to improve my chances for getting into my sub-specialty fellowship. They accepted this reasoning. I don't know if they still accept this.

Thanks.

Wook

Last edited: