Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Questioneer

Reaction score
Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Excessive imo because although there are no mandatory lectures schools will have you on campus for many other activities. 3 hours out of your day in med school is insane imo. But curious to see what others think. Congrats on getting in and best of luck this coming year!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, incoming MS1. I have recently been accepted to a medical school local to me but the commute is about an hour and a half one way through public transport (bus + train) in a major metro area. I was wondering if this might be too excessive of a commute? I currently live with my family so I was hoping to save money on rent as it’s pretty expensive here. I’m planning to only do this for preclinical years. School is true P/F, no mandatory lectures
No. Rent the cheapest apartment you can

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Positives: getting all your studying done during the commute.
Negatives: missing out on getting to know your classmates, not being part of the social scene, difficulty being part of study groups or group projects.

That’s too much dude. You’re gonna be a doctor. Fork over the cash for a closer place. You’ll be OK

I say this as someone who hates debt and is actively paying the interest on my loans already