Resources for an incoming fellow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlvinKamara

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Wondering if you have any resources for incoming fellows to get familiarized with before starting. Specifically, I feel weak on spine fluoroanatomy.

I bought Benzon’s essentials but it’s a beast of a book. Wondering if there’s something digestible and easy to get a solid basic knowledge foundation before delving into deeper study during fellowship?
 
I would pick up your Netter’s and review the actual anatomy at the spine segments. It will help you really understand what’s going on in the fluoro portion. That’s the stuff that CRNA “fellows” don’t get in their training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
find a really good spine replica. That plus an atlas. Learn to ID everything on each segment. BTW I have a human spine I cannot figure out how to sell. Bought it on ebay many years ago. $75 dollars plus shipping. (cannot buy them on ebay anymore).
 
find a really good spine replica. That plus an atlas. Learn to ID everything on each segment. BTW I have a human spine I cannot figure out how to sell. Bought it on ebay many years ago. $75 dollars plus shipping. (cannot buy them on ebay anymore).

Lots of questions. Don’t want to look in your freezer!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
find a really good spine replica. That plus an atlas. Learn to ID everything on each segment. BTW I have a human spine I cannot figure out how to sell. Bought it on ebay many years ago. $75 dollars plus shipping. (cannot buy them on ebay anymore).
In med school every student was given a box with real human bones prior to anatomy lab. Was pretty cool but we had to return them.