Resources for bedside limited TTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fairly comfortable with the ED POC echo after residency but always looking to refine, expand and get better given the limited resources of the environment where I work. Are there any free or paid resources to go through more than just the basics of bedside TTE, getting more into diastology, valvular assessment and assessments of EF?

thanks
tcc

Members don't see this ad.

Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Transthoracic Echocardiography TTE PIE Toronto FOCUS FATE Standard Views Tamponade Hypovolemia Ventricular dysfunction

This is my favorite resource for learning the basics. If you go to the second module, it will help you learn the 20 standard views that are used by cardiology echo techs, and starts to get into valve assessment. There are great YouTube lectures by echocardiographers talking about diastology (here is a good resource on mitral inflow assessment using E/A waves: 4.4 How to assess diastolic function -- I don't know how any ED doc would need more than that, and even just assessing this seems like a stretch) and how to figure out EF.

Reactions: 1 user