BOTH resources for COMLEX/STEP 2 and COMATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
to those who have taken these tests, what other books and video services would you recommend besides OME and uworld

i've heard a lot about MTB, step up 2 medicine (vs step up to step 2), case files, etc

Members don't see this ad.

Yes even for comat. All you need to do is follow along the OME topic for the rotation. For instance, before your surgery shelf, do all of OME surgery videos, and all of Uworld surgery questions. For internal medicine comat, do all of OME IM videos, and all of uworld IM questions. rinse and repeat

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes even for comat. All you need to do is follow along the OME topic for the rotation. For instance, before your surgery shelf, do all of OME surgery videos, and all of Uworld surgery questions. For internal medicine comat, do all of OME IM videos, and all of uworld IM questions. rinse and repeat

How long does it take you to knock out all the OME videos and UW quests for that block? I start my rotation on Monday, and I'm trying to get back into the flow of things here.

is OME worth paying for, especially when they have deals? right now, they have $365/year

How long does it take you to knock out all the OME videos and UW quests for that block? I start my rotation on Monday, and I'm trying to get back into the flow of things here.
It definately varies based on the rotation (IM has like 1200 uworld questions while surgery has maybe 150). If you do what you can throughout your rotation each day when you come home it’s manageable. Maybe a couple weeks for the rotations that aren’t IM.

is OME worth paying for, especially when they have deals? right now, they have $365/year
I think the notes were worth it 100%. They have algorithms which would be a pain in the ass to try to copy. If you don’t need to copy them yourself, you can spend that attention span paying attention to what he says instead.

I actually found it helped to take short notes on the videos and the stuff he put on the whiteboard and to review it. I remembered that better than just reading the notes but if you've got the money go for it. You can't download everything from a monthly subscription now like before but the qbank isn't too bad either if you have time to do it during rotations.

even for COMAT? how do you know which sections to do in OME and uworld for each core rotation?

If you don’t want to buy UWorld for a year, you can get by with OME and COMBANK. OME has a schedule on its site that tells you which videos to watch for which rotations.

even for COMAT? how do you know which sections to do in OME and uworld for each core rotation?
Yeah even for COMAT, Uworld is more comprehensive on every level. Uworld and OME are broken down by subjects so you pick what you need to do.

If you guys don't mind me asking, how did you guys do on your COMATs and even your actual Step 2/COMLEX Level 2 using just OME and UWorld?

Perhaps I'm an isolated case, but I just got through OB/GYN rotation and to be quite honest, I don't think UWorld and OME were enough for me for my COMAT. There were plenty of questions that pertained to topics that did not come from either of these resources.

If you guys don't mind me asking, how did you guys do on your COMATs and even your actual Step 2/COMLEX Level 2 using just OME and UWorld?

Perhaps I'm an isolated case, but I just got through OB/GYN rotation and to be quite honest, I don't think UWorld and OME were enough for me for my COMAT. There were plenty of questions that pertained to topics that did not come from either of these resources.

Haven't gotten my COMLEX or Step back yet, but the only thing I used for comats was Uworld and for OB I used the case files book. Almost every one of my comats was above the 90th percentile so they are definitely enough.