Resources For Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JibsGuy52

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to start passively studying for Step 2 CK with the extra free time from "online" rotations. Is it true that I only need Uworld? I'm the type of student who is just a bit above average. (233 Step 1 and wants to do IM).

It worries me because my first pass Uworld score is roughly 45-70 % on blocks. I see peers with FA for CK, MTB, OME and it slightly worries me that I should be doing more. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to tackle this beast?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Following, I’m in the exact same situationc, 18% through UWorld and getting 45%-70% in blocks... as of late I have stopped blocks of UW and am doing a quick read through all of MTB for a refresher. It’s just with UW there seems to be many conditions that I have never even heard of. And the presentations are much vaguer than UW for step 1 so it can be very challenging. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Following, I’m in the exact same situationc, 18% through UWorld and getting 45%-70% in blocks... as of late I have stopped blocks of UW and am doing a quick read through all of MTB for a refresher. It’s just with UW there seems to be many conditions that I have never even heard of. And the presentations are much vaguer than UW for step 1 so it can be very challenging. Good luck
Exactly. Feeling the same way. I have all these books but I don’t even know which one I should pick.

Exactly. Feeling the same way. I have all these books but I don’t even know which one I should pick.
I am really liking MTB right now, only about 1/2 through but it seems to cover a lot of what I’ve encountered on UW blocks and is adequately in-depth without going crazy (like step up to medicine in my opinion). It kind of glosses over pathophysio that we should theoretically know from step 1. Just my 2 cents

Members don't see this ad :)
On that same boat as you both. Hoping someone shine some good advice our way!

Aside from TZanki, UWorld, & OME (the typical stuff) one cool resource I've found digging around Reddit are the Dr. Devine podcasts. I specifically read to listen to (at a minimum) #'s 37, 97, 100, 102, geriatrics, the one on military vets, & the comprehensive reviews. I've listened to 37, 97, & 100 so far. It's super high-yield & straight facts. When he pauses momentarily before telling you answers, you can pause the audio to quiz yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Aside from TZanki, UWorld, & OME (the typical stuff) one cool resource I've found digging around Reddit are the Dr. Devine podcasts. I specifically read to listen to (at a minimum) #'s 37, 97, 100, 102, geriatrics, the one on military vets, & the comprehensive reviews. I've listened to 37, 97, & 100 so far. It's super high-yield & straight facts. When he pauses momentarily before telling you answers, you can pause the audio to quiz yourself.
I really liked Golijan audio for step 1 so I listened to Divine Intervention podcast audio all year driving, exercising, and any chores around the house. He single handedly allowed me to crush rotation exams even during my busiest rotations coupled with long commutes. I cannot recommend his content enough.

Reactions: 1 users
I really liked Golijan audio for step 1 so I listened to Divine Intervention podcast audio all year driving, exercising, and any chores around the house. He single handedly allowed me to crush rotation exams even during my busiest rotations coupled with long commutes. I cannot recommend his content enough.

As noted above, are there any #’s that are “must listens”?