Step I Resources - Not Using Uworld

Started by PandaBaer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PandaBaer

Bamboo is a great source of fiber
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question on qbank resources as I start prep for COMLEX and USMLE.

I already have "Lifetime" subscriptions to Amboss and Osmosis, which both have qbanks.
Our school provides TrueLearn for free.

Is it necessary to do/get UWorld if I plan to get through all 3 of these other qbanks (Amboss, Osmosis, TrueLearn[ComBank])?

I've heard the utility of UWorld is much lower for lvl 2 and step 2, if I do get UWorld for lvl/step 1, would it be beneficial to get a longer subscription through lvl/step 3?

Edited for typo.
 
I only took COMLEX but I think true learn was plenty to pass. I have classmates who only did Amboss and passed both level 1 and step 1, and are using only Amboss for shelf exams.

UWorld subscriptions don’t work like that, where if you get a multi-year subscription it covers multiple exams. You purchase each qbank subscription by exam. I think Amboss does work that way though, which makes it a better value in my opinion.