Respiration Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samirmerch

Wittig, Pronounced:Vittig
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im currently studying repiration and I am hving trouble with it (more specifically the glycolytic pathway). Does anyone know of a good online resource or other resource that I could use to better understand?

Thanks!

SM

Members don't see this ad.

I am having trouble understanding how glucose goes to pyruvate (all of the intermediates). I know that I can memorize all of the end products but I don't feel like that will help me on the test, considering the fact that most people on SDN have been saying that most bio questions are conceptual, and not purely regurgitation.

Anything you could give me would be helpful!

I am having trouble understanding how glucose goes to pyruvate (all of the intermediates). I know that I can memorize all of the end products but I don't feel like that will help me on the test, considering the fact that most people on SDN have been saying that most bio questions are conceptual, and not purely regurgitation.

Anything you could give me would be helpful!

Of all the things you have to study,glycolysis is one of those things you kind of just have to memorize(if you havent already done so in a biochem class).Just google it and go through the steps--theres a few important pieces like some of the names of the enzymes, and the irreversible steps, etc that you should know too.

I found a good diagram for you that shows the deltaG values and the enzymes and pathways and things too.

glycolysis_pathway.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice diagram, fancymylotus! This diagram should come in handy. Thanks alot!

Of all the things you have to study,glycolysis is one of those things you kind of just have to memorize(if you havent already done so in a biochem class).Just google it and go through the steps--theres a few important pieces like some of the names of the enzymes, and the irreversible steps, etc that you should know too.

I found a good diagram for you that shows the deltaG values and the enzymes and pathways and things too.

glycolysis_pathway.jpg

Hey where did you get this from?