-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
respiratory therapist to md
Started by jboufe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm an RT. How is it confusing? I actually think it's an extremely logical progression......feel free to PM me.just wondering if there is any nurses or respiratory therapist that are anticipating med school. I feel it is the most confusing change to make.
any advice?😕
just wondering if there is any nurses or respiratory therapist that are anticipating med school. I feel it is the most confusing change to make.
any advice?😕
Hey there, jboufe:
I'm an RRT as well working towards entering med school. You can PM me if you'd like to talk about the direction you want to take.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering if there is any nurses or respiratory therapist that are anticipating med school. I feel it is the most confusing change to make.
any advice?😕
Hey jboufe! First Happy New Year to All!.
I'm an RN in te process of applying to med school. There is nothing confusing once you make up your mind, and really understand what you are getting yourself into. Make sure you do it for the right reasons. Other than that...just fasten your seatbelt (get a couple of extra ones to hold on to your seat 😉 ) and go for it.
Good luck
HI,
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR IMPUT NOW I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE. THE REASON WHY I THINK THE TRANSITION HAS BEEN A BIT CONFUSING FOR ME IS BECAUSE I THOUGH THAT I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST SOME OF THE PREREQS DONE. THE CHEM I HAD TO TAKE FOR MY ASSOC. WAS A CHEM FOR MED MAJORS. IT WAS ORG. INORG AND BICHEM IN ONE. SO THINK I HAVE TO TAKE IT OVER i HAD ANATOMY &PHYSIOLOGY 1+2 AND MICRO BUT THERE IS NO USE FOR IT. IN THE LONG RUN LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH. SO I'M FIGURING ONE AND A HALF YEAR FOR PREREQS? SEEMS LIKE I WON'T SEE MED SCHOOL TIL 2009 "IKES" TOMORROW I AM GOING TO TALK TO ONE OF THE BEST PREMED COUNSELORS AT MY SCHOOL THE LAST ONE DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY GOOD DIRECTION.
JUST CONFUSED THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR ALL THE CLASSES I TOOK HOWEVER THE CLASSES DIDN'T HELP TOWARDS MY PREREQS😱
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR IMPUT NOW I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE. THE REASON WHY I THINK THE TRANSITION HAS BEEN A BIT CONFUSING FOR ME IS BECAUSE I THOUGH THAT I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST SOME OF THE PREREQS DONE. THE CHEM I HAD TO TAKE FOR MY ASSOC. WAS A CHEM FOR MED MAJORS. IT WAS ORG. INORG AND BICHEM IN ONE. SO THINK I HAVE TO TAKE IT OVER i HAD ANATOMY &PHYSIOLOGY 1+2 AND MICRO BUT THERE IS NO USE FOR IT. IN THE LONG RUN LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH. SO I'M FIGURING ONE AND A HALF YEAR FOR PREREQS? SEEMS LIKE I WON'T SEE MED SCHOOL TIL 2009 "IKES" TOMORROW I AM GOING TO TALK TO ONE OF THE BEST PREMED COUNSELORS AT MY SCHOOL THE LAST ONE DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY GOOD DIRECTION.
JUST CONFUSED THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR ALL THE CLASSES I TOOK HOWEVER THE CLASSES DIDN'T HELP TOWARDS MY PREREQS😱
HI,
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR IMPUT NOW I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE. THE REASON WHY I THINK THE TRANSITION HAS BEEN A BIT CONFUSING FOR ME IS BECAUSE I THOUGH THAT I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST SOME OF THE PREREQS DONE. THE CHEM I HAD TO TAKE FOR MY ASSOC. WAS A CHEM FOR MED MAJORS. IT WAS ORG. INORG AND BICHEM IN ONE. SO THINK I HAVE TO TAKE IT OVER i HAD ANATOMY &PHYSIOLOGY 1+2 AND MICRO BUT THERE IS NO USE FOR IT. IN THE LONG RUN LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH. SO I'M FIGURING ONE AND A HALF YEAR FOR PREREQS? SEEMS LIKE I WON'T SEE MED SCHOOL TIL 2009 "IKES" TOMORROW I AM GOING TO TALK TO ONE OF THE BEST PREMED COUNSELORS AT MY SCHOOL THE LAST ONE DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY GOOD DIRECTION.
JUST CONFUSED THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR ALL THE CLASSES I TOOK HOWEVER THE CLASSES DIDN'T HELP TOWARDS MY PREREQS😱
I know....I have a BSN and MSN and so few of the classes I took "count". I too won't get to start until 2009. Hang in there, you are not alone in wondering why all the classes you took were crap! Good luck and keep us posted.🙂
Hi,
I'm an RT in California and I've been thinking about starting to go to school for MD, do you guys know if I got my AS and RT from a trade school would any of the credits be good towards a bachelors, and if not what would be a good starting point for me?? Thank you.
I'm an RT in California and I've been thinking about starting to go to school for MD, do you guys know if I got my AS and RT from a trade school would any of the credits be good towards a bachelors, and if not what would be a good starting point for me?? Thank you.
N
njbmd
just wondering if there is any nurses or respiratory therapist that are anticipating med school. I feel it is the most confusing change to make.
any advice?😕
I am a former RRT now surgeon. My RT training came in quite handy in medical school. I simply filled out the application, chose the schools I wanted to attend and was accepted. It was fun and now I have a career that I love more than anything. There were three RRTs in my medical school at the time I attended. All of us went into surgery. Respiratory therapy is a great pre-med experience and translated into huge success for me.
Hey there, jboufe:
I'm an RRT as well working towards entering med school. You can PM me if you'd like to talk about the direction you want to take.
Ditto
Can I PM you to ask about the rrt to MD path? I am in pursuit of the same. I take the mcat in spring 2013. You can also email me at njdr2b@ gmail.com.I am a former RRT now surgeon. My RT training came in quite handy in medical school. I simply filled out the application, chose the schools I wanted to attend and was accepted. It was fun and now I have a career that I love more than anything. There were three RRTs in my medical school at the time I attended. All of us went into surgery. Respiratory therapy is a great pre-med experience and translated into huge success for me.
P.S. I have always admired all ur advice here online.
Hey there, jboufe:
I'm an RRT as well working towards entering med school. You can PM me if you'd like to talk about the direction you want to take.
Hi,
I have been an RRT for a 1.5 yrs and would like further my education towards PA or MD. I have a very long way to go since i dont have my bachelors degree yet.I wanted to ask if it is recommended to get bachelors in RT or should i look into something else? Thank you very much for your time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a former RRT now surgeon. My RT training came in quite handy in medical school. I simply filled out the application, chose the schools I wanted to attend and was accepted. It was fun and now I have a career that I love more than anything. There were three RRTs in my medical school at the time I attended. All of us went into surgery. Respiratory therapy is a great pre-med experience and translated into huge success for me.
I have been RRT for only 1.5 yrs and would like further my education towards PA or MD. I know I have a very long way to go since i don't have my bachelors degree yet.I wanted to ask if it is recommended to get bachelors in RT or should i look into something else? Could you please provide some guidance in this path from RT to MD.Thank you very much for your time.
I think you should pursue your goals of becoming a PA. If you are in the northeast or interested in the northeast . St Johns university has a Bachelor's program for Physician Assistants. Here is the link. http://www.stjohns.edu/academics/sc...d-majors/physician-assistant-bachelor-science. All the best to you. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. Once told to me by a friend that got an online bachelor's degree from a NJ state college. Then went onto get her master's degree in biotechnology at Johns Hopkins. Then got accepted to Pennstate Medical School. And is now a 4th year surgical resident in California. She paced herself and celebrated each milestone along the way. Please inbox me with any questions.Hey there, jboufe:
I'm an RRT as well working towards entering med school. You can PM me if you'd like to talk about the direction you want to take.
🙂
Hi I finished my BS on Biology 2 years ago and my goal has always been PA school, however I am just waiting to get some experience on the medical field before applying. I recently got my license as a CNA, but I havent found a job and Im getting frustrated. I recently found out about the RT program here at Broward College, Fl and I taught it would be a good idea, however the program last two years, and I feel I am already losing time. Im 24 now and I feel that I need to move on, right now I have a decent job as a receptionist but of course it doesn't have anything to do with the medical field!
I need some ideas...
Thank you in advance!
I need some ideas...
Thank you in advance!
