? Results back and new software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 quick q's

1) how long does it take to get the step 2 CK results back?

2) this business about FRED software? I assume that's the new version (the one where supposedly you get to cross of the wrong answers, etc). Is there a link that someone could post that would have a sample of the real thing. I'm sure it was on that disk they sent us, unfortunately, i lost it!

thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

ThinkFast007 said:
2 quick q's

1) how long does it take to get the step 2 CK results back?

2) this business about FRED software? I assume that's the new version (the one where supposedly you get to cross of the wrong answers, etc). Is there a link that someone could post that would have a sample of the real thing. I'm sure it was on that disk they sent us, unfortunately, i lost it!

thanks for the help!

6-8 weeks

somewhere on the nbme site

ultm8frisbee said:
it took about 4 weeks for the school to get my results.

4 weeks with or without the new software?

Members don't see this ad :)
StringBean said:
Heehee, looks like you beat me to it Shorrin! :D

faster than a virtual speeding bullet ;)

btw, how did your test go? I am five weeks to the day tomorrow and will be calling my OSA after 2pm....obsessive?, nooooooo :)

ultm8frisbee said:
it took about 4 weeks for the school to get my results.

Took the test 8/25/05, had results in hand 9/16/05. That's 3 weeks or so by my count! Not bad for official results turnaround. Now if only the NBOME could be that fast with the new COMLEX results!! They're saying 3-4 months, last I heard.

And by the way, I took the old USMLE - no FRED here :(

I just took the exam the second time and I think i did better the first time around. The first exam i failed the humanistic domain and passed the biomedical domain but at the back of the sheet it said i was all borderline. I think my history and physical was worse this time and I am not sure if I passed. Could anyone let me know how they think they did? I had some scenarios where they just came in for a checkup and all but i am like...what do they want us to write? I think its different in real life where u are just in and out. I mean for chest pain..do u have to document gallops rubs or clicks...do u have to document no pain upon palpation...i mean how specific they want our documentation to be. Also if a pt comes in for bp check up..do u have to document u did the bp when the fake bp is already in the chart? i don't get it...please let me know what u guys thought and how specific u got with the exam???

sincerely,
the worrier

DeLaughterDO said:
Took the test 8/25/05, had results in hand 9/16/05. That's 3 weeks or so by my count! Not bad for official results turnaround. Now if only the NBOME could be that fast with the new COMLEX results!! They're saying 3-4 months, last I heard.

And by the way, I took the old USMLE - no FRED here :(

u know what, i took step 2 with the new FRED software the second week of september so this is week 4 for me, and my school got my results yesterday... am expecting the paper score in the mail tomorrow. Anybody else get their score unexpectedly early?

Scores on 10/5. seven weeks of painful waiting. submitted ERAS on 10/7 and I feel so relieved.

I didn't make the stellar jump that some people have made from 1 to 2 but I am happy and hope that it puts me back in contention.

step1:223
step2:237 :D

Peanuts said:
u know what, i took step 2 with the new FRED software the second week of september so this is week 4 for me, and my school got my results yesterday... am expecting the paper score in the mail tomorrow. Anybody else get their score unexpectedly early?

Yep. I took it 12 Sep (using FRED), got my result yesterday from my school.

shorrin said:
Scores on 10/5. seven weeks of painful waiting. submitted ERAS on 10/7 and I feel so relieved.

I didn't make the stellar jump that some people have made from 1 to 2 but I am happy and hope that it puts me back in contention.

step1:223
step2:237 :D
That is actually a pretty good jump (almost a standard deviation) I'd be happy if I get a jump like that. Good job.

Ophtho24 said:
That is actually a pretty good jump (almost a standard deviation) I'd be happy if I get a jump like that. Good job.

How much is one standard deviation? (I went from 197 (Step 1) to 222 (Step 2CK))

Ophtho24 said:

Thanks! I really appreciate that! I hope you do too! :thumbup:

quicksilver2 said:
How much is one standard deviation? (I went from 197 (Step 1) to 222 (Step 2CK))

Standard deviations on the steps are usually around 17 points but it will always say definitively on your score report.

Ophtho24 said:
Standard deviations on the steps are usually around 17 points but it will always say definitively on your score report.

Thanks, I haven't received the paper score report yet, and it's been a long time since Step 1. :)

Just got my Step 2 results back too. Here's the info on my score report...

Average 220
SD 23

An YES, it's sooo possible to improve by ALOT! :D

mine came in yesterday via snail mail..

only improved a little from step 1 but im very pleased, now off to submit to ERAS.

Step 1 237
Step 2 240

maybe soon my Comlex 2 will come.

Took Step II with FRED software on 9/22, got results posted today 10/12. That's one day shy of 3 weeks!!!!