results from 1st topscore test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwestboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
G. Chem 16
O. Chem 14 :thumbdown:
Biology 16
PAT 20
Rc 21
qR 18

Im scheduled for third week of august. Is that enough time to raise my scores to the 20+ range. (I've never scored this low on o.chem before either.) Any suggestions? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have yet to take my DAT...but I also got a very low score on orgo-a 12. When I went over the exam I got 3 wrong by stupidity. My other scores are similar to yours and I thought I knew orgo well enough based on kaplan practice test. I hope I can raise my score to 20+ by the 2nd week of august.

I won't tell you whether you will do fine on the DAT or not...I don't think anyone can really predict what weird things will happen, how much you will study, how hard you will study, how nervous you get, or if you just suddenly peak on test day with scores of 27+

All I will say is that the topscore and DAT achiever CDs seemed to get harder and harder as I went. Even though I had learned more, it seemed like my scores stayed the same or lessened...and part of it was just fatigue cause I'm just so tired of the DAT and prepping for it right now that if I ran into some Vietnamese guy named Dat on the street, I might just beat the living crap out of him with my Kaplan book.

Anyway...Topscore isn't easy, and if you scored those scores as a diagnostic before you started studying, then that's porbably not bad. give yourself a couple weeks to study and then test again, and see how you feel. Remember that you have up to 48 hours prior to test day to reschedule.

Thanks alot. It's always good to receive encouragement/support from others who are in the struggle. i wish you the best on you DAT tomorrow. I'll be praying for you!