Resume content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yosemite23

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I am currently finishing up and looking over my applications before I submit. There are several schools that I am applying to that require a resume. I have put together resumes for jobs, but I have not done one for PT school. What are the main things I should include and is going over a page okay? Any advice or tips about resumes would help as well. Thanks in advance for y'alls help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
for mine, I included work experiences (some not related to PT), undergrad research, places I observed/volunteered (some pt related some not), organizations I was involved in, and leadership positions

Hey! When I submitted my resume, I literally submitted one that I would submit to a job or a recruiter. During interviews, interviewers were interested and asked me about my professional experiences and also how I felt that they would relate to the field of PT.

A resume should really be one page. If you have enough "quality" jobs for one page, then that's great! If not, I would take the opportunity to highlight skills, experiences, awards, clubs, etc. Always remember to highlight, I wouldn't necessarily call it embellishing, but if you feel that your job was important, portray it that way! Also, use bullets and brief sentences.