Resume/CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

navybluedreams

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some of the programs I'm applying to require a resume and CV. I'm a bit wary about how I organize different work experiences, academic experiences, and extracurricular work into my resume.
Does anyone have any informative sources they can refer me to (specific to PT school) and/or is willing to provide their resume/CV via PM? I'd be very grateful!!
 
Some of the programs I'm applying to require a resume and CV. I'm a bit wary about how I organize different work experiences, academic experiences, and extracurricular work into my resume.
Does anyone have any informative sources they can refer me to (specific to PT school) and/or is willing to provide their resume/CV via PM? I'd be very grateful!!

What exactly is your concern? I wouldn't necessarily format it any differently, except that you could put in a section under education that lists your gpa and gre scores. You may also put in a section for PT observation/volunteer hours and any certifications you have. But overall, the programs already have most of the information that would be on a Resume, so don't stress about it, just keep it polished and submit it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you still want an example of a resume? I can send you a copy of mine.

Is there any chance that I can see an example of that resume? I am applying now to PT schools and have no idea how to format my resume. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
 
Is there any chance that I can see an example of that resume? I am applying now to PT schools and have no idea how to format my resume. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Yep. The PM function on here won't allow me to send a file, but if you send me your email address in a PM I will send it over. I'm in a conference all week for work, but I'll try to get in over to you in the next couple of days.