Resume for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ampatel07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to write a Resume to the professors that are going to write me a LOR. What should be included in the resume?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to write a Resume to the professors that are going to write me a LOR. What should be included in the resume?
Thanks in advance

The resume I used for this purpose included the following:

Objective
Highlights of qualifications
Academic History
Employment experience

I am not saying this is the perfect way to do it, but it is what I did and it seemed to work fine.

The Dean of my college is writing me a LOR. He asked for an "updated CV". I whipped one up last night that included...

1. Goal
2. Education
3. Teaching Experience (I was a TA)
4. Professional Experience (I've been working a full time job for 2.5 years since graduating)
5. Notable Accomplishments

I sent it off to him and told him if he wanted additional details on anything to let me know.

I'd also put in volunteer, interests, and extracurricular activities. I gave my recommenders my resume, and one of them was interested in what I did outside of school. We talked about that for a bit. I'm thinking that the prof.s see all kinds of accomplished students, but what do they do outside of school? Just another aspect of who you are.