Resume ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vt hokie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
as an undergrad i volunteered at a couple of labs on campus and at a local hospital. i would like to put them on my resume, but they are from 1997 and 1999. are these too old to include? i also have more recent volunteer experience as a hospital volunteer (150 hrs) and hydrology technician (320 hrs), so i will have something to include even if i don't use the old stuff.

i was also wondering where you put shadowing experiences. do they go in the volunteer section?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

as an undergrad i volunteered at a couple of labs on campus and at a local hospital. i would like to put them on my resume, but they are from 1997 and 1999. are these too old to include? i also have more recent volunteer experience as a hospital volunteer (150 hrs) and hydrology technician (320 hrs), so i will have something to include even if i don't use the old stuff.

i was also wondering where you put shadowing experiences. do they go in the volunteer section?

thanks

If the shadowing experience was an externship or an internship I would put it under work experience. If you were just helping out for a few hours a week then I would put it under volunteer. As long as you gained something from the experiences from 97 and 99 and you would consider talking about them in your interview then I would definitely include it on the resume. If someone asks you about it and you are going to stare blankly at them bc you don't remember the experience then I wouldnt include it :laugh: