Retail Pharmacy Techs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babakpharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those retail pharmacy techs(CVS,Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc..) have any of you guys had a complaint againt you. Like a customer takes down yor name and calls your pharmacy district manager?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, what happens 99.9% of the time is the customer is just an ignorant fool who knows they're going to be a dick from the moment they walk into the store. Then they start giving you an attitude, giving you **** for no reason etc. and you get into an argument with them. Sure, they'll take your name down and call corporate etc., but nothing EVER happens. As long as you don't punch out the customer, the worst that'll happen is you get written up.

For all those retail pharmacy techs(CVS,Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc..) have any of you guys had a complaint againt you. Like a customer takes down yor name and calls your pharmacy district manager?

How come that bad? usually if we can resolve a problem, I pass to a pharmacist there to take care and make a final decision. Why does it turn ou that bad? Take you name and call disctrict if you do not thing wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
How come that bad? usually if we can resolve a problem, I pass to a pharmacist there to take care and make a final decision. Why does it turn ou that bad? Take you name and call disctrict if you do not thing wrong?

Again, there are just ignorant people out there to start trouble. Here's one example of something I went through. Lady comes in with an attitude, asks for claritin D, I ask for the ID. Put in the information and I put the card down and slide it back towards her because she's fumbling in her purse. Next thing you know she screams "You must be out of your goddamn mind! You put that back in my hand! How the hell are you gonna be that rude?!?!" Then I get really pissed, but I keep my mouth shut. I ring her up and a good 7 person line forms behind her as she fumbles through the paper looking for coupons while muttering **** at me. So I say "Mam, the attitude is unnecessary" and she says "Yours isn't either." We get into the "No I don't have an attitude" "Yes you do" etc. for a while. After 10 minutes, I lose it and I just say "Ok, is that it? Ok, It's going to be X amount." She says "Hell no that's not it, just take out what has a coupon." So she pours her bags out onto the counter and starts throwing stuff over the counter. So I call a manager and she basically says to him that I had an attitude from the beginning etc., gets my name and calls corporate.

So, sometimes, customers just come in wanting to start trouble; however, in the end, corporate really doesn't have time to deal with the tens of thousands of complaints they get on a given day.

i actually got a acomplishment.:)

Never really had any complaints against me in particular, mostly compliments. However when someone does complain we generally just laugh it off as some crazy customer.

Never really had any complaints against me in particular, mostly compliments. However when someone does complain we generally just laugh it off as some crazy customer.

I had a crazy mad woman comin in the pharmacy to get Alieve-D. I was backed up in the pharmacy going inventory and other things before I had to clock out. She asked can I ring her up (she had an entire basket full of stuff). I asked her politely to go up front because we are currently backed up in the pharmacy. She yelled back saying NO.. you have to ring me up. SO I said that if it's non-department items she would have to take it up front if there's a lot to ring up. She started giving me the biggest attitude.. which I am sure that I will get a complaint from her seeing what an itch she is. She asked where there is a sign that says 6 items or less and she mumbled something like .. I THOUGHT SO! So I called my pharmacist over and he took care of her. She gave us a ID that was bent so we couldnt scan it. So we just told her that we won't be able to sell the the Alieve to her bc if we can't scan the license, we won't sell it.

Working in retails you always encounter at least 5 of these crazy ppl in a day. I don't know how some ppl are soooo lazy. There is a line that seperates the pharmacy and the rest of the store for a reason. I mean.. would you go to a express line with a basket full of stuff? Normally when I say the pharmacy is backed up..they would kindly go to the front. I am just glad that there are more nice coming to the pharmacy which makes the day much more enjoyable and rewarding. I love it when patients just stop by and say hi.:p

I've had some great customers and some really nasty ones.
The worst was an angry old man who started honking his horn before he even pulled up to the window, he was screaming at the drive thru the whole time and he called me a "stupid ******", which shows how dumb he is.

I wanted to break all the hippa laws, go to his house and key his car and slash his tires, but I have self control and no interest in going to jail.

There is a float pharmacist who shares the same first name as me, and a customer meant to complain about her but reported me instead! The customer didn't realize that it was the pharmacist that was acting that way - they assumed it must be a tech, and I'm the tech named Angela so apparently I got complained about! My boss just shrugged it off though - he knew I would never yell at a customer or anything else in that complaint.

Most likely there were. These people are mad at their insurance companies or just not happy abt their lives. You have to show your pharmacy manager that you're always polite and never argue with customers. Everything else does not matter.

I had a crazy mad woman comin in the pharmacy to get Alieve-D. I was backed up in the pharmacy going inventory and other things before I had to clock out. She asked can I ring her up (she had an entire basket full of stuff). I asked her politely to go up front because we are currently backed up in the pharmacy. She yelled back saying NO.. you have to ring me up. SO I said that if it's non-department items she would have to take it up front if there's a lot to ring up. She started giving me the biggest attitude.. which I am sure that I will get a complaint from her seeing what an itch she is. She asked where there is a sign that says 6 items or less and she mumbled something like .. I THOUGHT SO! So I called my pharmacist over and he took care of her. She gave us a ID that was bent so we couldnt scan it. So we just told her that we won't be able to sell the the Alieve to her bc if we can't scan the license, we won't sell it.

Working in retails you always encounter at least 5 of these crazy ppl in a day. I don't know how some ppl are soooo lazy. There is a line that seperates the pharmacy and the rest of the store for a reason. I mean.. would you go to a express line with a basket full of stuff? Normally when I say the pharmacy is backed up..they would kindly go to the front. I am just glad that there are more nice coming to the pharmacy which makes the day much more enjoyable and rewarding. I love it when patients just stop by and say hi.:p

lol Luckily at our pharmacy we have a sign that states "6 Items or Less." Most customers understand that and gladly take their items and Rx's to the front to ring up. And then you get the people with 10 boxes of instant Ramen, tissues, and other random junk insisting that since it is the same item then it should count as 1... :rolleyes:

i had this giant ass come and as i asked him his name he wouldnt respond saying he wanted someone who speaks english. guy always does that to me even though im fluent in english but hes just rascist. anyways i take his rx and scan it for two hours and leave it like that. the pharmacist had to come over and ask him the time to pick it up so the pharmacist said 20 mins but screw it i had already scanned it. next thing the guy comes back 30 mins or so but before he reaches the counter i was leaving :laugh:. lets just say he will also need his ins. card :) i dont like rascist ppl at all and if he wants to give me a hard time then he will get one back.:D