retail vs. clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharMchiCK

What is the comparision between retail and clinical pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

pharMchiCK said:
What is the comparision between retail and clinical pharmacy?

Retail is product driven. Its' primary role is distribution of medication. Clinical encompasses a much larger array of activities.

1. Drug Info Center.
2. Pharmacokinetics.
3. TPN monitoring.
4. Pharmacoeconomics.
5. Formulary management.
6. DUE
7. Protocol management
8. Amcare - anticoagulation, asthma, diabetes, HTC clinics
9. Consultant to long term care
10. Pharmacy automation.....

Retail is working at a community pharmacy. Clinical is working at a hospital with different opportunities like Oncology, Organ Transplant, Nuclear, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
ZpackSux said:
Retail is product driven. Its' primary role is distribution of medication. Clinical encompasses a much larger array of activities.

1. Drug Info Center.
2. Pharmacokinetics.
3. TPN monitoring.
4. Pharmacoeconomics.
5. Formulary management.
6. DUE
7. Protocol management
8. Amcare - anticoagulation, asthma, diabetes, HTC clinics
9. Consultant to long term care
10. Pharmacy automation.....

What are the salary for each of them?

Z e r o X said:

Oh....you already know the answer....

Z e r o X said:

$1,000,000,000 for each. :D

If you care so much about money why don't you work on Wall Street or be a neurosurgeon or something. :mad: You might take up a spot for pharmacy students who actually LIKE pharmacy.

Check out this website: http://www.salary.com

It lists the salaries for various professions according to area and nationwide standards. I hope you fine your dream job there :rolleyes:

rxgal8 said:
Retail is working at a community pharmacy. Clinical is working at a hospital with different opportunities like Oncology, Organ Transplant, Nuclear, etc.

A clinical pharmacist can also work in an ambulatory setting such as in asthma clinics, CF clinics, etc.

indoflip said:
If you care so much about money why don't you work on Wall Street or be a neurosurgeon or something. :mad: You might take up a spot for pharmacy students who actually LIKE pharmacy.

why the anger, indoflip? Zerox was just asking a simple question. Chill!! He or she didnt say that they were only interested in money, you assumed that.

I really hate to think that the people who post on these forums are going to be my coworkers. Although many people are really sweet, I have read so many posts from people who make my skin crawl. There is no need for animosity. Everyone here is interested in Pharmacy and are either in Pharm school or want to be in Pharm school, so lighten up and help each other out!

pharmD2007 said:
why the anger, indoflip? Zerox was just asking a simple question. Chill!! He or she didnt say that they were only interested in money, you assumed that.

I really hate to think that the people who post on these forums are going to be my coworkers. Although many people are really sweet, I have read so many posts from people who make my skin crawl. There is no need for animosity. Everyone here is interested in Pharmacy and are either in Pharm school or want to be in Pharm school, so lighten up and help each other out!

Why don't you explore this forum more thoroughly to see the focus of the multiple posts from our friend Zerox and let me know if I am wrong. Can't wait to work with you one day too! Have a great day! :thumbup:

indoflip said:
Why don't you explore this forum more thoroughly to see the focus of the multiple posts from our friend Zerox and let me know if I am wrong. Can't wait to work with you one day too! Have a great day! :thumbup:
congratulations on graduation indoflip

oh and pharmD2007 there are actually quite a few posters who are not in pharmacy school anymore FYI