Retake a D in Calculus 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supernatural17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so heres my situation,

I initially took Calculus 2 and received a D. When I apply to Med school (specifically D.O.) my sgpa will be 3.675 and cgpa will be 3.548. these are my gpa's with the D in calculus 2. Is it worth retaking Calculus 2 or not? Its really hard and I don't want it to get in the way with my current classes in the fall. Also it's my only D in my academic history. The rest is all A,s and B's (including A-, B+, and B-) and I have 2 C's (C and a C+) both in non science classes.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

I initially took Calculus 2 and received a D. When I apply to Med school (specifically D.O.) my sgpa will be 3.675 and cgpa will be 3.548. these are my gpa's with the D in calculus 2. Is it worth retaking Calculus 2 or not? Its really hard and I don't want it to get in the way with my current classes in the fall. Also it's my only D in my academic history. The rest is all A,s and B's (including A-, B+, and B-) and I have 2 C's (C and a C+) both in non science classes.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm applying with an F and a couple of D's. (All in non-pre-req classes -- not worth the time or miniscule GPA boost to retake in my case.)
Granted mine are from 10 years ago, but no, your one D won't matter.

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for more thoughts on this because I don't know how med schools will look at this D. I'm just worried and aren't to sure if I should retake it or leave it

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll ask about it. They offer grade replacement for a reason and they will want to know why you didn't retake it when you know DO offers this policy.

Does it matter if I decide to retake it at a community college?

Thanks

AACOMAS doesn't include math courses in your science GPA FYI.

Link: http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html

Reactions: 1 users
Don't sweat it. You're fine without a retake. A

They'll ask about it. They offer grade replacement for a reason and they will want to know why you didn't retake it when you know DO offers this policy.

^^^
Yet another misinformed post from Alonzo with no basis just like his "list". By the way Alonzo, i've received secondaries from most of the DO schools that I applied to and they have pretty much all been identical to last year.

They probably wont ask about it. If they do, just give them a honest answer. Dont worry about it OP, your sgpa is higher than the average DO matriculant.

Last edited:
^^^
Yet another misinformed post from Alonzo with no basis just like his "list". By the way Alonzo, i've received secondaries from most of the DO schools that I applied to and they have pretty much all been identical to last year.

They probably wont ask about it. If they do, just give them a honest answer. Dont worry about it OP, your sgpa is higher than the average DO matriculant.
Thank you for your response