Retake again?

Started by theloop43
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

theloop43

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have taken the MCAT twice so far. First time was 497 (123/123/125/126). Second time I took it this past summer I improved to a 501 (124/126/125/126). I applied last year and got one II to a DO school but didn't get in. I didn't apply this cycle due to personal reasons but I am planning to apply next summer. Should I take the MCAT again and try to improve or keep it and just focus on adding in research and some more volunteering? I am planning on taking the DO route so any info would help.

Cumulative GPA: 3.73 w/ strong upward trend
Science GPA: above 3.5
Lots of shadowing, volunteering, and the usual stuff.
 
A 501 MCAT is fine for many DO schools, especially since you have a good GPA. I suggest including all these schools in your application:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LECOM
Idaho (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range.
 
A 501 MCAT is fine for many DO schools, especially since you have a good GPA. I suggest including all these schools in your application:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LECOM
Idaho (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range.
What does it mean?