Retake Classes Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASUHOPEFUL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting out college I had a rought time I had a total of 12 dropped classes all are lower level. There are various reasons which are mainly family issues, and also a major change. I have proof of the reasons but I want to know do you think it would be better to retake the classes to prove I could have done well in them and also what do you think adcoms will think of this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on what the dropped classes are....if they are gen ed that arent science related then I dont think you need to retake them, but if its gen chem or intro bio, then yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting out college I had a rought time I had a total of 12 dropped classes all are lower level. There are various reasons which are mainly family issues, and also a major change. I have proof of the reasons but I want to know do you think it would be better to retake the classes to prove I could have done well in them and also what do you think adcoms will think of this?

Retake withdraw's? No way. Forget about it. Why bother if it's not going toward your degree - in my opinion the previous poster is dead on - upper level courses are more impressive than going back and repeating english 101 or intro to psychology. And work the withdraw's into your personal statement and give them context, of course.
Have a good one.

Need more detail. Which classes were dropped? How is your overall GPA and science GPA? How did you do in upper division science classes?