Retake DAT Done!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tneimar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished retaking my dat and I think I'm satisfied with my scores (except QR).

PAT 21
QR 16
RC 21
Bio 19
GC 17
OC 21
TS 19
AA 19

If you guys want my breakdown , let me know! I want to hear what you guys think. My last dat score was 18 AA with all my sections below 20, except pat.

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like everyone is doing worse on QR than they expected. Why do you think this is the case? Also, how was the PAT did you use line counting for TFE?

Nice scores. The QR is a little low but that is the least important score for most schools. Well done!!

Thanks! I know the QR killed me- i ran out of time. Like if i had 10 more minutes, i think i would have done better. I didnt study QR at all, so I guess that showed. But I called USC today to ask them if it was ok, and they told me that as long as I get above the minimum, its fine (which is 15). Personally, my last DAT was rough, and i wasnt ready. This time i felt better, and i probably would have done a little bit better had i practiced my QR. The PAT wasnt too bad, a few hard angles, and maybe a couple of hard key holes. I havent used the line counting method... so im not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
nice scores! what materials did you use and which was more representative with the real test?

I used DAT bootcamp, Topscore, and destroyer. I rewatched Chads Orgo videos (I had a crappy prof) which helped tremendously! Bootcamp is good and Topscore was very close to the actual. Honestly I feel like the bio questions were easier, and the Orgo was easier. GC was tough- I heard people were getting their asses handed to them here, and I was definitely a victim. And reading comp (I had a 17 last time and brought it up to 21!) was tackled better- the first time I did it I tried search and destroy and took so much time that I didn't finish. This time, I just read each passage thoroughly in the beginning and then answered the questions. That's it. No magic. And honestly, I think it's very doable. I also used Feralis notes for my bio along with my old notes. I have a 3.2 cGPA (I was a business finance major), and an sGPA of 3.6. And I'm loaded with work experience and volunteering. So my goal for the dat was to get high enough to be considered a competent competitor.

Thanks for the input! What were your practice scores and how long did you study a day? and how many months?

Good scores. You did well. Congrats.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I got similar scores man, I just took it yesterday. I got:
PAT- 19
QR-16
RC-19
BIO-20
GC-19
OC-23
TS-21
AA19

I've been studying solid for one month- but I studied for 2 before I took it in June. And I've noticed so many people getting 16 in QR! Lol it's crazy how we all have a common struggle. I heard it isn't that important though- but making it over 20 for PAT is important... So I'm not sure how a lower PAT will reflect.