retake DAT in August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peyton87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
My application has been sent out early in July with my first DAT score which is 19.
Well, since I'm retaking the DAT on Aug 6th, are dental schools not gonna review my application until they get the second DAT score?
In 2011 AADSAS application, there is no question about whether I'm going to retake the DAT or not. Would dental schools know that i'm retaking? I'm confused.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys.
My application has been sent out early in July with my first DAT score which is 19.
Well, since I'm retaking the DAT on Aug 6th, are dental schools not gonna review my application until they get the second DAT score?
In 2011 AADSAS application, there is no question about whether I'm going to retake the DAT or not. Would dental schools know that i'm retaking? I'm confused.:confused:

You have to individually contact the dental schools and tell them you are retaking. And a retake with a 19???....Thats a decent score that can land you a few schools...just know if you mess up in August your chances go down to zero.

Such a gamble :scared: I was going to retake my DAT to but I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Anyways, yeah just contact the schools.

If you do worse than what you originally got the first time you took the DATs, would you still have (or want) to report your new score to the schools?

Would the schools automatically see that you retook the DATs?

Thanks for replying!

I think I can do better this time.
since this is my second time applying, i wanna do the best i can do.

and DMD4ME, that's what I was wondering, but I decided to send my new score to all schools I'm appying.