retake DAT or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rutgersdentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've asked a lot of people whether or not I should retake my DATs, I hope you guys can help me!
I'd be retaking it just to boost my QR score b/c I'd definitely be able to do better on that, I just ran out of time. Also, my PAT score is average, but I'm not sure I could improve that.

BIO: 22
O. Chem: 21
Chem: 20
RC: 21
QR: 18
PAT: 18

Sci Av. : 21 AA: 20

GPA overall: 3.621

If I do take them again around July 30th, is that too late ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've asked a lot of people whether or not I should retake my DATs, I hope you guys can help me!
I'd be retaking it just to boost my QR score b/c I'd definitely be able to do better on that, I just ran out of time. Also, my PAT score is average, but I'm not sure I could improve that.

BIO: 22
O. Chem: 21
Chem: 20
RC: 21
QR: 18
PAT: 18

Sci Av. : 21 AA: 20

GPA overall: 3.621

If I do take them again around July 30th, is that too late ?

see link on retaking the DAT.

The scores are fine. You are a fool.

Now that I flamed you, who did you have for OChem at RU?

I've got a quick question and ANY response would be much appreciated. I'm so worried about the timeline of applying/DAT/ and interviews. I was planning on taking the DAT on 5/22 but I don't think I"m ready, so I am goig to take it sometime around June 20th. So I'll get the scores, and then probably have the application out by the end of the month. I know that the earlier is the better, but if I have to retake it 90 days puts me into the end of August. Is that just way tooo late to retake everything?? Let me know if this timeline works, and if not what you think I should do. I'm from TX and their deadlines are about a month earlier than everyone elses! what should i do??

i have extremely similar scores and i'm retaking b/c my scores are 2 yrs old...some schools want fresh scores

I took the first time DAT one year ago and applied 16 schools last cycle ending no interview at all. Please help me figure out the reason. I start application in middle of August and Scool did not receive my file until the end of Oct. I have bachelor degree in chemical engineer / Master in Accounting and working full time as an account. I have three years chemical research experience and some dental clinic experience. So I took DAT again on 05/10/07. Please compare the two scores and which look better. Should i retake it again? How you think the chance for me next cycle. I am already 32 years old.
1st:
Perception: 18
Quatity: 26
Reading: 14
Biology: 19
Chemistry: 18
Organic: 15
Total science: 18
AA: 18

2nd:
Perception: 16
Quatity: 19
Reading: 13
Biology: 18
Chemistry: 25
Organic Chemistry: 22
Total science: 20
AA: 19

I took the first time DAT one year ago and applied 16 schools last cycle ending no interview at all. Please help me figure out the reason. I start application in middle of August and Scool did not receive my file until the end of Oct. I have bachelor degree in chemical engineer / Master in Accounting and working full time as an account. I have three years chemical research experience and some dental clinic experience. So I took DAT again on 05/10/07. Please compare the two scores and which look better. Should i retake it again? How you think the chance for me next cycle. I am already 32 years old.
1st:
Perception: 18
Quatity: 26
Reading: 14
Biology: 19
Chemistry: 18
Organic: 15
Total science: 18
AA: 18

2nd:
Perception: 16
Quatity: 19
Reading: 13
Biology: 18
Chemistry: 25
Organic Chemistry: 22
Total science: 20
AA: 19

your RC what's holding you back.. try to get that score to an 18+. do whatever it takes... maybe find a better strategy for that section or attend one of those reading comprehension/speed reading courses at a local university.

jb!:)