Retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jmack07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my DAT scores should I retake the DAT?
Bio-16
Gen Chem-18
OChem-22
QR- 20
Reading-22
PAT-20
AA-20
TS-18

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Its strange to see scores of this kind. 90% of the time people score lower on QR or PAT. You seem to be the opposite. Perhaps it was an issue with the prep materials you used? If you provide your resources, we could easily identify which ones you should of used. Also - how did you test yourself in bio? The entire reason to retake would be to boost that bio score.

Also... I'm taking my DAT soon, advice for QR please?

For Biology I mainly used Kaplan book (the information I feel was not enough of a review) but if I took it again I would probably use Cliffs AP Bio review. For QR Kaplan does a good job of going over the basics you need to know also Chad's videos on coursesaver.com are very helpful for Gen Chem, Ochem, and QR section. Also I took the DAT before taking some core biology classes such as microbiology, anatomy, physiology, genetics, evolution.

Members don't see this ad :)
good,it doesn't matter if you take those courses are not.. know ferralis notes front and back.thanks
goo

Am I the only one who thinks its entirely unrealistic to ask someone to know those notes front and back?

Am I the only one who thinks its entirely unrealistic to ask someone to know those notes front and back?

Probably not the only one, but it's not unrealistic to know the notes very well. Sure there are a lot of details, but knowing the details will get you a 20+ for Bio. Of course you should know the basics first, but the details is what earns you an even higher score.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably not the only one, but it's not unrealistic to know the notes very well. Sure there are a lot of details, but knowing the details will get you a 20+ for Bio. Of course you should know the basics first, but the details is what earns you an even higher score.

I agree and I think this is a good way to think about it.

Eh, not entirely. I can say pretty confidently that I knew both Cliff's AP Bio and Barron's AP Bio really dang well. I went through both of them multiple times. You probably retain more than you think. :)