Retake DAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grinder

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering retaking my DAT. My scores are AA-20, TS-21, PAT-19. These scores would've been much better 2 years ago but these days its just average...

Members don't see this ad.

These are actually very good scores. Great Job!! Depending on where your applying to, I'm sure your fine. What is your GPA? This is also an important factor.

I am going through the same problem, I have a 20-AA, 20-TS, and 18--PAT and apparently thats not enough. Maybe second time thru is better!!

Members don't see this ad :)
your scores are fine..just keep ur gpa up, get good recs, shadowing, ECs and you're gold...believe me those intangibles can help..i had very very mediocre scores..18/19/22...3.47 cum/3.37 science..and i got accepted to 2 schools w/ 8 interview offers. So believe me..its the WHOLE application. But as far as your DAT goes...good job and no worries...wouldn't retake it EVER again

The only reason why I'm thinking about retaking my DAT is that my Cum GPA is too low, 3.00. My science GPA is 3.5. I only got one interview to my state school and thats it....

if you're worried that you are not going to get in this cycle...trust me its not your DAT scores...if it's anything numerically its your cum GPA, but even your cum is good enough w/ your DAT's i'd think...but if you dont get in, just bring up your cum GPA..everything else is fine

I think I'm getting flagged because of my low Cum GPA, so I'm not getting as much interviews...

I'm considering retaking my DAT. My scores are AA-20, TS-21, PAT-19. These scores would've been much better 2 years ago but these days its just average...

What's the actual breakdown of your scores? I think that's much more important.

AA 20, PAT 19, QR 17, RC 19, Bio 20, Gc 21, Oc 21, TS 21

Your QR is may be low for some schools. Some schools have a cutline where they don't even look at someone who scores below 17 or 17 at a specific subject, not the overall average (although your AA & PAT are really high).
For example, my state school doesn't interview anyone with below 18 in any subject or AA 19. I couldn't get even an interview this year because I have 18 AA & 19 PAT.:mad:

I am trying to retake the end of this month. I wish I have your score...so I could at least get an interview at my state school...

Good luck!:oops:

AA 20 and TS 21 are great scores. way above average. i wouldnt retake - you will definitely get into school...nice job

Well, I guess I have two options from what people are telling me. One is to go back to school for a year and try to raise my Cum GPA or I can study for 3 months and retake my DAT and try to do better. I think retaking my DAT will be the fastest way to strengthen my application. Any suggestions?

your dat scores are great.. unless you are 100% confident that you can smash the DAT, then do not retake. the exam has become increasingly more difficult, IMO, so be cautious. your scores are ~90%..... instead, i think you'd be better off taking more bio courses & acing them..more shadowing, etc... jb!:)

your dat scores are great.. unless you are 100% confident that you can smash the DAT, then do not retake. the exam has become increasingly more difficult, IMO, so be cautious. your scores are ~90%..... instead, i think you'd be better off taking more bio courses & acing them..more shadowing, etc... jb!:)

as usual.. jb is right on.. I definitely agree with this..

Hey Jack, where can I find out about this DAT percentile range thing you're talking about?