Retake DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyDentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys just looking for some help.

I applied to dental school last year pretty late (end of september) and didn't get any interviews so I'm going to reapply this coming year.

My GPA is 3.2 and sGPA is 3.0

DAT ts 20 and aa 19 nothing lower than a 18.

Do you think I should retake the DAT or if I just apply early this year i'll get in? Any advice would be helpful thank you so much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys just looking for some help.

I applied to dental school last year pretty late (end of september) and didn't get any interviews so I'm going to reapply this coming year.

My GPA is 3.2 and sGPA is 3.0

DAT ts 20 and aa 19 nothing lower than a 18.

Do you think I should retake the DAT or if I just apply early this year i'll get in? Any advice would be helpful thank you so much in advance.

How many schools did you apply to last year?

I applied to 7: temple, western, uop, usc, bu, tufts, and nyu

Members don't see this ad :)
I would take the DAT again with your gpa and apply early. I got an interview to western, bu, tufts, louisville, indiana and nyu this year with a 3.6 and a 20aa. I only attended the western, indiana, and louisville interviews and I know western really liked community service and I think they placed more emphasis on the DAT than on the GPA. I got a 14 in QR but none of the schools said that was a problem. If you have good EC's and get a 20+ on the DAT, I think you have a chance at an interview.

I would take the DAT again with your gpa and apply early. I got an interview to western, bu, tufts, louisville, indiana and nyu this year with a 3.6 and a 20aa. I only attended the western, indiana, and louisville interviews and I know western really liked community service and I think they placed more emphasis on the DAT than on the GPA. I got a 14 in QR but none of the schools said that was a problem. If you have good EC's and get a 20+ on the DAT, I think you have a chance at an interview.

So you ended up in Western after all. COngrats! see you here later in August! :D

I really hate telling people to retake cause its an annoying test. But if you have the will, and as long as it doesn't interfer with your applying early this year.... sure go a head and retake it.

You know what, You can still apply super early this year (early june) with your old DAT score, make sure this time around you apply to ALOT more schools, I'd aim for 15+ schools and just indicate on your application that your going to retake the DAT sometime in july/august.

Another thing you can do is to call up some schools right now and see what they suggest. retake or no retake