Retake MCAT dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxine450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can either take the MCAT May 31st or June 22. I haven't really started studying. I just got scores from my 2nd take ( I voided first time). They were pretty bad 28Q.

However, I'm applying this cycle and I want to have my application in early. It seems like July 22 would be a late time to have my application approved, right? Assuming I take it in June? I'm just worried I won't be prepared for the May 31st MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

With a 28Q you could probably get into a DO school - have you considered this? Since this is probably your last attempt you want to make sure you are absolutely ready. However, as you said, you also want to apply early because the scramble gets harder the later you apply. May 31 is still far enough away to prepare well but you will have to give it your all. I'd go with the May 31 date.

I am in a similar boat... am hoping to apply this year and have a 30R (9VR/11PS/10BS)... My dream is to go to Hopkins so I feel like I have not chance with this mcat score right now..

Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad :)
May 31st sounds good. Being done by the end of June is a good plan. Even though you haven't officially started studying again you've seen the content, you just have to review and practice, practice, practice. Definitely enough time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.