• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Retake MCAT?

anotherpremed4444

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Been studying to retake my MCAT again and have previously taken it twice a month apart (not a great idea, I know :( ). The first time was not my best (family member died in a tragic accident days before the MCAT) and being deadset on attending med school last year, I rashly decided to take it again a month later, improving by 2 points on CARS by chance, clearly.

Will be reapplying this cycle, so 2 questions:

1.) Ideally would like to get into a T20 but are my chances shot by taking it twice... ie is taking a third time pointless for this goal even if the score is T20 level?

2.) Should I include the reasoning in the app behind why I took the test twice so close in proximity?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the Ads

anotherpremed4444

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
do not take it again. doing so without scoring 520+ will not make adcoms question your academic ability, but your judgment

Yea that's what I was thinking. I haven't taken any practice tests yet, but I def won't take it if I don't get consistent 520+

Do you still think I should explain my reasoning for the back to back exams?

Upvote 0

Damson

2+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2017
On The Move
  1. Medical Student
Yea that's what I was thinking. I haven't taken any practice tests yet, but I def won't take it if I don't get consistent 520+

Do you still think I should explain my reasoning for the back to back exams?

two months gap isn't too bad. no need to explain it.
the general rule is this - dont point out things that don't need to be pointed out

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.