1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Retake MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by mikkey, Jun 1, 2008.

1. mikkey

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Should I retake the MCAT with a 32M? I am kinda scared that the M will kill me. This is my second score, and the first one is a 30 Q, so I thought that might make up for the M. What do you guys think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. justapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What is the breakdown for the 32, and is the rest of your application below/above "average"?

4. scarletgirl777

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Since you're a Canadian, that is a tough call...maybe you should talk to individual Canadian schools you are interested in and ask them point blank what their cutoffs were last year and if they will take your first sitting's writing score. For American schools, I don't think it's worth it.

5. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I think a 32M isn't so bad. You might get asked a question about it, but the number score is more important. You have a "Q" previously so the schools would know you're capable of scoring higher. However, if all other things are equal between you and another candidate, the M could be the tie breaker.