Retake my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildcatlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So assuming I do not get good news come December 1st should I consider retaking my DAT?

AA: 19
TS: 20
GCHEM: 21
CHEM: 21
BIO: 18
RC: 20
PAT: 20
QR: 15

I think all my scores are pretty good with the exception of my QR score obviously... but is it really worth restudying for months and another exam fee to retake?

SGPA: 3.8
OGPA: 3.86

Members don't see this ad.

It's worth it if you think you can do substantially better, and have time to commit to studying. Otherwise, as long as your scores are in range with the schools you intend to apply to, focus on developing other areas of your application. Doing something unique, pursuing a passion and making it relevant, and becoming a more well-rounded individual will pay off more than a small score increase.

Reactions: 2 users
If you end up not getting in anywhere this cycle I would definitely retake your DAT

Members don't see this ad :)
No retake necessary in my opinion...they could care less about QR...good gpa and aa, ts, pat above 19 means your golden.

Because of your GPA, you should be fine

Reactions: 1 users
How many interviews did you get if I may ask?

I have very similar stats and got 6 interviews and am also hoping for good news... have not even started thinking about having to reapply. Feel way too good about my interviews.

You have a really good GPA, but the problem with your scores is the 15 for QR, which I think automatically disqualifies you for most schools since it doesn't meet the minimum. I believe the minimum for most schools is 16s/18s? And apart from the low QR, you also have the 18s/19s. If you don't get in this cycle, I'd retake absolutely! Show them how much you can improve!

My tip for QR is the Math DAT Destroyers that just have QR exams in them. That books significantly improved my QR scores just a few weeks before taking the exam!

How many interviews did you get if I may ask?

I have very similar stats and got 6 interviews and am also hoping for good news... have not even started thinking about having to reapply. Feel way too good about my interviews.
I only applied to one school and interviewed at that one school. I thought my interview went really well though

You have a really good GPA, but the problem with your scores is the 15 for QR, which I think automatically disqualifies you for most schools since it doesn't meet the minimum. I believe the minimum for most schools is 16s/18s? And apart from the low QR, you also have the 18s/19s. If you don't get in this cycle, I'd retake absolutely! Show them how much you can improve!

My tip for QR is the Math DAT Destroyers that just have QR exams in them. That books significantly improved my QR scores just a few weeks before taking the exam!
I really appreciate the advice! Thanks! The school I am interested in takes 15s luckily. And one girl even got in there with a 14 in QR so I am praying

Reactions: 1 user
So assuming I do not get good news come December 1st should I consider retaking my DAT?

AA: 19
TS: 20
GCHEM: 21
CHEM: 21
BIO: 18
RC: 20
PAT: 20
QR: 15

I think all my scores are pretty good with the exception of my QR score obviously... but is it really worth restudying for months and another exam fee to retake?

SGPA: 3.8
OGPA: 3.86

Last edited:
I actually was accepted today!!!! So yay!!! No retake!

Reactions: 4 users
You are OP? You created a new account?
I actually found out the other day I have two accounts lol! I created one back in high school and accidentally relogged into it. Haven't been really keeping track since

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on your acceptance, where did you end up?:cat:

Congratulations on your acceptance, where did you end up?:cat:
Thanks! I only applied to one school and that was Colorado!!! I got my acceptance December first! So I will be attending school there :)