Retake OChem II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elektron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew from OChem II when I originally took it last Spring due to a family issue. I retook it last Summer and only managed a C for the final grade. Here are the grades for all of my pre-req's:

Chem I: B
Chem I Lab: A
Chem II: A
Chem II Lab: A
Phys I: B
Phys I Lab: B
Phys II: A
Phys II Lab: B
Bio I: A
Bio I Lab: A
Bio II: B
Bio II Lab: A
OChem I: B
OChem I Lab: B
Cell Bio: B
OChem II: C
Genetics: B
BioChem: B

The courses are basically listed in chronological order, so I have earned a B in both Genetics and BioChem since the C in OChem II. I have also taken many upper level engineering courses earning A's and B's and have a 3.5 cGPA and 3.4 sGPA. I am graduating in December and have a free slot open to take any course I want this fall. I am also applying for the first time during the current 2010-2011 application cycle. Should I bother retaking OChem II in case I don't get any acceptances this time around? If not, does anyone have any course recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

If your sGPA is a 3.4 im not sure if it would really help you out. I personally wouldnt waste my time. I had a C+ in Biochem II and it didnt make much of a difference.

IMO, no need to retake. Take something you're interested in. Try some physiology or microbiology and throw some medical humanities in there for me. Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. I decided against the retake for now. Instead, I'm going to take anatomy, microbiology, or healthcare ethics. :thumbup:

good choices! GL with the apps in the future!