retake or nah?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhassan1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

My DAT scores are as follows: AA: 18 (18 in all subjects) PAT: 20

GPA: 3.5, Science GPA: 3.4

I have a bunch of EC and work experience..

Im also starting a masters program in Applied Anatomy in a few weeks..

My question is: do i retake the dat or not...I plan on applying early next cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!

My DAT scores are as follows: AA: 18 (18 in all subjects) PAT: 20

GPA: 3.5, Science GPA: 3.4

I have a bunch of EC and work experience..

Im also starting a masters program in Applied Anatomy in a few weeks..

My question is: do i retake the dat or not...I plan on applying early next cycle
Well if you just started a masters program how long will that take? If you have a lot of time still, and you know you can get a better score, and if that will give you more peace of mind I would say retake it.

the program is 2 years...its starts in 2 weeks. Im supposed to retake my test next week, but am afraid ill do worse than last time...and it would be the only chance i have to retake

the program is 2 years...its starts in 2 weeks. Im supposed to retake my test next week, but am afraid ill do worse than last time...and it would be the only chance i have to retake
You've already signed up to retake the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah...ive been studying this summer..but apparently not well enough. Ive been out of school for 3 years so I'm having a hard time relearning some material

yeah...ive been studying this summer..but apparently not well enough. Ive been out of school for 3 years so I'm having a hard time relearning some material

If you are doing a masters program for two years, I suggest you postpone the DAT retake. Some schools won't accept the DAT scores if older than two years and this way you will have more time to space out studying while in your program. Also, in the event you didn't get into the a dental school right after your Masters program you will have valid test scores. Just my opinion! I would take it next May or June so you will have the scores reported before your app gets mailed out.

Yeah, I would wait a little bit then retake it. Make sure you can fully devote yourself to studying for it.