Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Retake or no Retake?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Dentist_in_the_making, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Dentist_in_the_making

Pre-Dental
    I am super disappointed with my DAT scores (well most of them) AA 18; PAT 22; BIO 20; GCHEM 20; OCHEM 19; RC 16; QR 15
    by the time i got to the RC and QR section i was just exhausted and annoyed cause i thought i messed up the previous sections.
    My oGPA is 3.5, sGPA is 3.3.
    Have a ton of EC; shadowing, TA-ing, research, singing.....etc Also applied as a disadvantaged student

I sent my app but I wanted to know if i should retake to get accepted THIS cycle or should i wait and try again next cycle. I am also trying to stay in CA

Would those RC and QR scores really hold me back that much?!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wyby45

Pre-Dental
    Here is just my 2 cents especially since I am not applying this cycle, if you only had the QR then it would still be a fighting battle since it seems to be the least looked upon section. With RC under the cutoff also, I really doubt you will get in this cycle regardless of your gpa since it is quite an important section. I'm sorry but a retake will most likely have to happen

4. SING

Pre-Dental
    I am in a similar situation. I got TS 19, AS 19 and Pat 18, but my reading scores are 16 too. My Gpa is 3.6. I applied this cycle, but have not heard from any school yet. I am planning to retake it.