1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Retake or no Retake?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Dentist_in_the_making, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Dentist_in_the_making

Pre-Dental
    I am super disappointed with my DAT scores (well most of them) AA 18; PAT 22; BIO 20; GCHEM 20; OCHEM 19; RC 16; QR 15
    by the time i got to the RC and QR section i was just exhausted and annoyed cause i thought i messed up the previous sections.
    My oGPA is 3.5, sGPA is 3.3.
    Have a ton of EC; shadowing, TA-ing, research, singing.....etc Also applied as a disadvantaged student

I sent my app but I wanted to know if i should retake to get accepted THIS cycle or should i wait and try again next cycle. I am also trying to stay in CA

Would those RC and QR scores really hold me back that much?!!!!

2. Wyby45

Pre-Dental
    Here is just my 2 cents especially since I am not applying this cycle, if you only had the QR then it would still be a fighting battle since it seems to be the least looked upon section. With RC under the cutoff also, I really doubt you will get in this cycle regardless of your gpa since it is quite an important section. I'm sorry but a retake will most likely have to happen

3. SING

Pre-Dental
    I am in a similar situation. I got TS 19, AS 19 and Pat 18, but my reading scores are 16 too. My Gpa is 3.6. I applied this cycle, but have not heard from any school yet. I am planning to retake it.