Retake or no Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist_in_the_making

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am super disappointed with my DAT scores (well most of them) AA 18; PAT 22; BIO 20; GCHEM 20; OCHEM 19; RC 16; QR 15
by the time i got to the RC and QR section i was just exhausted and annoyed cause i thought i messed up the previous sections.
My oGPA is 3.5, sGPA is 3.3.
Have a ton of EC; shadowing, TA-ing, research, singing.....etc Also applied as a disadvantaged student

I sent my app but I wanted to know if i should retake to get accepted THIS cycle or should i wait and try again next cycle. I am also trying to stay in CA

Would those RC and QR scores really hold me back that much?!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is just my 2 cents especially since I am not applying this cycle, if you only had the QR then it would still be a fighting battle since it seems to be the least looked upon section. With RC under the cutoff also, I really doubt you will get in this cycle regardless of your gpa since it is quite an important section. I'm sorry but a retake will most likely have to happen

I am in a similar situation. I got TS 19, AS 19 and Pat 18, but my reading scores are 16 too. My Gpa is 3.6. I applied this cycle, but have not heard from any school yet. I am planning to retake it.