1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

retake or not??

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Coolio30, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Coolio30

Coolio30 Member
    7+ Year Member

Facts:

27 (10V, 8B, 9P) Writing 0
    GPA: 3.9 (science and non-science)

prefer to get accepted at state school (NJ schools) or low tier.

Would you retake??

2. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would not retake

I remember people getting into NJ schools with MCAT scores below 30 last year

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007975;p=4#000079" target="_blank">See this thread: Accepted with MCATS under 30</a>

If everything else in your application is good, you have a shot of getting in if you apply ASAP. I had a 27 and a lower GPA than you, but I applied LATE (Oct) and it decreased my options.

3. missbonnie

missbonnie floating
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Coolio-

Are u a NJ res? I'll be applying there next yr. Tehcnically, I'm a NYC resident, but I grew up in NJ and I've heard they've become much more lenient towards out of staters, esp. those with close ties to the state. BTW, UMDNJ-RWJ is in the top 50 for top primary care schools. A former classmate went there and she told me that they match very well in that area if that is what you are interested in. Good luck!

-b

4. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

You might be able to get in with that score. However, a higher score will make it easier. Retake if you think you can improve significantly (that includes better approach to studying, having time to study, etc). If it was me, I would retake after getting 10,8,9.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...