15+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2002
NJ
none
Status (Visible)
Facts:

27 (10V, 8B, 9P) Writing 0
GPA: 3.9 (science and non-science)

prefer to get accepted at state school (NJ schools) or low tier.

Would you retake??

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would not retake

I remember people getting into NJ schools with MCAT scores below 30 last year

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007975;p=4#000079" target="_blank">See this thread: Accepted with MCATS under 30</a>

If everything else in your application is good, you have a shot of getting in if you apply ASAP. I had a 27 and a lower GPA than you, but I applied LATE (Oct) and it decreased my options.

missbonnie

floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Coolio-

Are u a NJ res? I'll be applying there next yr. Tehcnically, I'm a NYC resident, but I grew up in NJ and I've heard they've become much more lenient towards out of staters, esp. those with close ties to the state. BTW, UMDNJ-RWJ is in the top 50 for top primary care schools. A former classmate went there and she told me that they match very well in that area if that is what you are interested in. Good luck!

-b

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status (Visible)
You might be able to get in with that score. However, a higher score will make it easier. Retake if you think you can improve significantly (that includes better approach to studying, having time to study, etc). If it was me, I would retake after getting 10,8,9.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads