retake or not??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolio30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Facts:

27 (10V, 8B, 9P) Writing 0
GPA: 3.9 (science and non-science)

prefer to get accepted at state school (NJ schools) or low tier.

Would you retake??

Members don't see this ad.

I would not retake

I remember people getting into NJ schools with MCAT scores below 30 last year

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007975;p=4#000079" target="_blank">See this thread: Accepted with MCATS under 30</a>

If everything else in your application is good, you have a shot of getting in if you apply ASAP. I had a 27 and a lower GPA than you, but I applied LATE (Oct) and it decreased my options.

Coolio-

Are u a NJ res? I'll be applying there next yr. Tehcnically, I'm a NYC resident, but I grew up in NJ and I've heard they've become much more lenient towards out of staters, esp. those with close ties to the state. BTW, UMDNJ-RWJ is in the top 50 for top primary care schools. A former classmate went there and she told me that they match very well in that area if that is what you are interested in. Good luck!

-b

You might be able to get in with that score. However, a higher score will make it easier. Retake if you think you can improve significantly (that includes better approach to studying, having time to study, etc). If it was me, I would retake after getting 10,8,9.