Retake or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs113891

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
I've taken my DAT on May 8th and got the following scores:
bio19/chem25/ochem23/pat20/rc17/qr17
Total Sciences: 21
Academic Average: 20

I know my scores are not bad but reading comp and quant reasoning are pretty low. What would you guys suggest?

I've got a GPA of 3.28/3.27 and have applied to several schools including Boston, NYU, Temple, USC, U Mich, U Conn, UMDNJ, Stony Brook, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, and Western.

I'm trying to think of ways to improve my application in case I would need to reapply next year.

With my GPA and DAT scores, what would you suggest I do to improve my app? I can't improve my overall GPA by much because I already have about 200 academic (quarter) credits. Should I go ahead and do post bacc program to improve my science GPA or retake the DAT to improve my reading comp and quantitative reasoning scores??

Advices and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dont worry..I think the schools u are looking at are great, and u definitely have shot somewhere..lol..dont worry..u will be fine..coz I know ur scores in RC and QR are low..but mine are worse than urs besides having AA of 25 my qr is 17 and RC is 18..I would say chill and The schools that u are looking at are great. GPA is lil bit trouble but I would say ur DATs prove that ur smart than avg. Good luck.

Why would you want to retake?
Your AA, TS, and PA scores are fine.
Pretty much everyone does poorly in QR.
Your RC might hinder your chances at some particular schools, but you don't need to retake the entire exam just to improve one score.
You should be fine!