Retake part 1 or take Part 2 Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimmyhere

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys

Well I am confused. I got 82, 3.2, 250. for part 1
Applied in various schools last year ( didn't want to miss the arrest chance), no waiting for the NYU interview call. I don't want to waist my time. WAnt to take either part 1 again or part 2 to improve my chances. What you guys think about it?
I hear that mist of the schools give importance to PArt 1 score only? If that is the case I might have to take that again. I knwo anys core less than 90 is not going to get me an admission.

What you gurus suggest?? Part 1 or Part 2 ?????????? :sleep:

thanks
jimmy

Members don't see this ad.

hi
if u have opportunity please take part 1 again.try to improve the score.that's more imp than part 2.if u need asst mail me.

just go ahead and retake part-1.if u have above 88/89 then you can take part-2,but with a score of 82,i think its good if you retake part-1.GL.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dind't apply for any school yet,but my score is 81..and I am retaking it (on March 16th). I would suggest to retake it. I think you can only improve your score!

Babyteeth

jimmyhere said:
Guys

Well I am confused. I got 82, 3.2, 250. for part 1
Applied in various schools last year ( didn't want to miss the arrest chance), no waiting for the NYU interview call. I don't want to waist my time. WAnt to take either part 1 again or part 2 to improve my chances. What you guys think about it?
I hear that mist of the schools give importance to PArt 1 score only? If that is the case I might have to take that again. I knwo anys core less than 90 is not going to get me an admission.

What you gurus suggest?? Part 1 or Part 2 ?????????? :sleep:

thanks
jimmy

retake part 1
but i do know of someone who got adm with 81 part 1 and 85 part 2.....
so its all ure luck.. but to be on the safer side.. i would personally retake part 1....

toothie said:
retake part 1
but i do know of someone who got adm with 81 part 1 and 85 part 2.....
so its all ure luck.. but to be on the safer side.. i would personally retake part 1....

Hi!
I got 81 score in part 1,3.41 GPA and toefl 253. I am doing my masters in neuroscience in hartford. Do I give part 2 or part 1 again and will my masters make a difference in my selection.

Ruchig said:
Hi!
I got 81 score in part 1,3.41 GPA and toefl 253. I am doing my masters in neuroscience in hartford. Do I give part 2 or part 1 again and will my masters make a difference in my selection.

Hi,
I dont know if having masters would make a difference but itz difficult to get an admission with 81. It may happen but if i were you i'd retake part-1 .Gl

sreshta said:
Hi,
I dont know if having masters would make a difference but itz difficult to get an admission with 81. It may happen but if i were you i'd retake part-1 .Gl
Thanx! for your advice. Can you tell me how much time do I need to retake it.