Retake PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Julientampa

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I was about to e-submit my application until I noticed that UF will only accept PCAT scores from June 2005 thru January 2006.
I previously took the PCAT last year in October and November 2004, and got 99 percentile on both of them (got my score for October after taking the second one), so do you think that I should retake the PCAT?
I really don't feel like retaking it one more time! And I don't think I can make a higher score!

Members don't see this ad.

Julientampa said:
Hi folks

I was about to e-submit my application until I noticed that UF will only accept PCAT scores from June 2005 thru January 2006.
I previously took the PCAT last year in October and November 2004, and got 99 percentile on both of them (got my score for October after taking the second one), so do you think that I should retake the PCAT?
I really don't feel like retaking it one more time! And I don't think I can make a higher score!
Since October 2004, the PCAT format was changed. However, the ESSAY section is graded starting last June. In the interview day, most pharmacy school requests to write an essay at a given topic. Your pharmacy school might want to bypass this step. It's my guess! You should check out with your school (UF) for sure. Your PCAT score (99% for two times) are so exceptional, they might consider it. You are from Tampa [Julientampa], so I think UF is your top choice!

Yes, you have to retake it. I just found this out myself and asked the school, and they confirmed it. I really don't feel like taking it again myself, I too have taken it twice, and since then have graduated. I'm afraid with being out of school for 6 months now, that I won't do as well as I did before.