Retake PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lildumbazn89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the following scores(scaled score/percentile rank):

Verbal Ability 398/48
Biology 412/71
Reading Comprehension 412/69
Quantitative Ability 438/93
Chemistry 456/97
Composite 423/87

Conventions of Language 3
Problem Solving 3

Should I retake the PCAT?
 
I received the following scores(scaled score/percentile rank):

Verbal Ability 398/48
Biology 412/71
Reading Comprehension 412/69
Quantitative Ability 438/93
Chemistry 456/97
Composite 423/87

Conventions of Language 3
Problem Solving 3

Should I retake the PCAT?


On one hand, I would say less than 50% on any section should be retaken. On the other, the verbal and reading sections are IMO hardest to improve. If you really think that you can improve/will take the time and effort to study, retake it. Also, some schools may want you to have at least a 50% in all sections, so of course retake if that applies to a school you want to attend.
 
Have you talked to the schools your interested in? Talk to them to get an idea of what they are looking for. Good luck! I think your score is great but Im not on an ADCOM. 🙂 or a pharm student yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know, by any chance, if schools look at composite score and/or do they look at individual section scores? I am still in a dilemma on whether to retake it or not. I am applying to Long Island University, so if you know any information, it is much appreciated.
 
Do you know, by any chance, if schools look at composite score and/or do they look at individual section scores? I am still in a dilemma on whether to retake it or not. I am applying to Long Island University, so if you know any information, it is much appreciated.

I have the same question, but I was wondering about Howard. I e-mailed them but haven't heard anything yet.