• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Retake Question

penpenclown

5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2015
Minnesota
  1. Pre-Medical
So I'm planning out which courses I'll be taking for a DIY post-bacc and I have a question about a retake. I took Biochem summer between sophomore and junior year and got a C+, mainly because I was having personal issues that made studying difficult yada yada. I know the consensus is to not retake >C-, but I really don't feel like I learned much from the class (I took a few UD bio classes that required biochem and anytime biochem content came up I was kinda lost). I want to make sure I have a strong base for the MCAT so I was thinking of a few options I have:

a. Take biochem at a different university - the main difference here is that it's a 5 credit class with lab versus the 3 credit no lab class I took.
b. Take a two semester biochem sequence + lab (at another university)
c. Audit biochem - I wouldn't be able to get tuition reimbursement from my job.
d. Just study biochem on my own and hope & pray

I was leaning towards doing b. as I could do a second degree in biochem from the school I was looking at. The one major concern I could see is that the biochem I took might transfer as the biochem I in the sequence and cause some issues with retaking.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.