ReTake step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bazinga1983

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as many of you know that i am re taking my step 3. So today was my day 1 and day 2 is scheduled for friday.

Any recommendations/suggestions how to maximize this little bit of time? I was thinking about primarily working on CCS and then either review my UW notes and or do incorrect/marked questions but nothing else. Don't have that kind of time. Thoughts?

2) So it took me few minutes to really get going when i started block 1 and had little bit of timing issues on the very first block. Any suggestions regarding avoiding this? Same issue occurred after taking a break and starting block 3...

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

So as many of you know that i am re taking my step 3. So today was my day 1 and day 2 is scheduled for friday.

Any recommendations/suggestions how to maximize this little bit of time? I was thinking about primarily working on CCS and then either review my UW notes and or do incorrect/marked questions but nothing else. Don't have that kind of time. Thoughts?

2) So it took me few minutes to really get going when i started block 1 and had little bit of timing issues on the very first block. Any suggestions regarding avoiding this? Same issue occurred after taking a break and starting block 3...

Thank you in advance!

Hit ccs hard. No need to do questions now.

Thank you in advance!

What did you use to study? Anything you did differently this time?

What did you use to study? Anything you did differently this time?
Well,
I got my score back on Sep 14, 2016. A day before ERAS went out.

First attempt:

UW (58% correct)
Then did incorrects
Then marked/incorrects

Reset the qbank and finished 2nd pass with 85% correct
Then did incorrects
Then corrects/marked
Incorrects/marked etc
Made about 1000 flash cards primarily from u world.
Biggest thing was CCS because i didn't do archer

Second attempt:
Kaplan qbank
UW again
Incorrects/marked
Reviewed MTB more consistenly
Biggest change: **********. And as soon as i started archer, i realized that i was wrong. I missed alot of tiny things here n there such as ordering Chem 14 instead of BMP (20 minute vs 45 min) and especially for those 8 min ER cases. So tiny stuff like that.

That's the gist. All questions were done in random/timed more. But yea.

Members don't see this ad :)