Retake the class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgal2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I made a C in Zoo. It is a prereq for the University of Kentucky, where I really want to go.
It's the only C I have so far, the rest are a few B's and Mostly A's.

Should I retake the class so it won't show up as a C on my transcript. It will be under a new teacher, who was the problem the first time.

Any suggestions would help!
Thanks!

-Tiffany

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry too much about retaking the class if you have a good GPA. One C doesn't make a big difference. People get in every year with C's.

Even if you retake the class, it WILL show up on your transcript. You can't "erase" that C, but you can retake it to make yourself feel better. I believe University of Kentucky uses Pharmcas, so you will have to enter both grades for that Zoology class if you decide to retake it.

Don't worry too much about retaking the class if you have a good GPA. One C doesn't make a big difference. People get in every year with C's.

I got in with a bunch a few Cs at the time of application. I also even had a D in accounting even though I got an A on the retake.

I agree, you always want to aim for that A and cut losses to get a B when things aren't going your way in classes. But a C here and there is not the kiss of death to your application.